My research focuses on visual search, particularly in the context of real-world search tasks.
Most of my time spent teaching involves teaching research methods and statistics to first-year undergraduate students.
I live in Bournemouth with my soon-to-be wife and our two cats, Ziggy and Merlin.
I’ve been fortunate to work with a range of fantastic – and dare I say, decent – people over the years. I’ve never been particularly good at capturing group photos of colleagues, but my main collaborators are:
- Nick Donnelly, now at Liverpool Hope University
- Simon Liversedge, now at the University of Central Lancashire
- Kyle Cave, at the University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Mike Hout, New Mexico State University
- Natalie Mestry, Bournemouth University
Local Search Lab and Family – South Coast Edition
At the moment, my local search lab family consist of the people to the left here. The lab currently conssits of one post-doc (Olly Tew), one near-postdoc (Stuart Pugh), two MSc students (Andreea Butnaru and Christian Kalialia), as well as myself and Natalie Mestry.